Weekend Reading 7.7.24

I’ve been in Florida for over a week, slowly making changes around the house and also exploring the local area. I’m repainting the front door as soon as soon as I settle on the perfect shade of mint or sea green. I’ve also ordered a few more decorative accents for the primary bedroom makeover.


I get a few things done in the morning and then when the heat arrives, I set aside time to relax, to exercise, and also practice what I began years ago, the act of sitting in stillness. I’m left with greater clarity, gratitude, and a sense of calm as a result. I find this easier to do in the summer months when the pace of life moves a bit slower.


Favorite links from the week:





This remodeled house in south Florida has lovely tile throughout.


This elegant home in Sonoma is a lesson on how to decorate with brown tones.


How the direction your home faces impacts the amount of natural light.


The “wrong shoe” theory of interior design.


The joy of the Do Not Disturb smart phone feature.


Pink cocktails for summer or any occasion.


Amazing! He built a gorgeous chocolate chair with end table.


Who knew cinnamon was useful for getting rid of both aphids and mosquitos?!


The better question to ask when looking for a place to eat while traveling.


How to embrace “Il Dolce Far Niente”, the Italian way of life. | bit.ly/3XLoEJb


http://dlvr.it/T9GYY1

Comments

Popular Posts